- November 16: GM Recalls Chevy Silverado 3500 and GMC Sierra 3500 recalls | 3 days ago
- October 30: GM Recalls GMC Canyon, Chevy Colorado and Chevy Volt recalls | 20 days ago
- August 30: Chevy Bolt Batteries May Have Cell Problems recalls | 81 days ago
- August 29: GM Recalls Vehicles With Driveshafts That Break recalls | 82 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Impala
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Top complaints for the 2006 Chevy Impala include how the transmission slips, clunks and fails. Or how the power steering knocks and squeals. In other words, this car is a noisy bucket of eventual failure points.
Worst 2006 Impala Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems72NHTSA complaints: 24
- engine problems27NHTSA complaints: 99
- interior accessories problems17NHTSA complaints: 8
- steering problems16NHTSA complaints: 130
- AC / heater problems14NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems12NHTSA complaints: 21
- wheels / hubs problems11NHTSA complaints: 34
- cooling system problems10NHTSA complaints: 7
- lights problems10NHTSA complaints: 10
- windows / windshield problems10NHTSA complaints: 18
- brakes problems8NHTSA complaints: 50
- electrical problems8NHTSA complaints: 106
- exterior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 20
- exhaust system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 53
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 71
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 17
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 13
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Impala Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Impala compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Impala overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Impala.