- March 11: GM Destination Charge Class Action Lawsuit is Over news | 11 days ago
- February 23: GM Lifter Failure Lawsuit: 17 Plaintiffs Sent to Arbitration news | 27 days ago
- February 11: GM Fuel Pump Module Recall: Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain recalls | 39 days ago
- February 9: Chevy and GMC Truck Rear Fuel Tanks May Collapse recalls | 41 days ago
- February 2: GM Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed Over Flex Fuel Vehicles news | 48 days ago
1996 Chevrolet Impala
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1996 Chevrolet Impala Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- AC / heater problems1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 16
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 14
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 12
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 12
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 11
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 9
- engine problemsNHTSA: 7
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 7
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 3
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Impala Model Years
Curious how the 1996 Impala compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Impala overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Impala.
Worst 1996 Chevrolet Impala Problems
#1: Overheating 1996 Impala
- Average Cost to Fix:
- Average Mileage:
- 35,000 mi
We're actively collecting data on the worst problems for the Chevrolet Impala.
Please add any complaints you have so we have more helpful data to show!