- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 10 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 11 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 13 days ago
- September 8: GM Side Blind Zone Alert Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 17 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : Steering Shaft Inadequate Support Of U-Joint
2005 Chevrolet Malibu
A joint bearing that fails prematurely may cause separation of the u-joint resulting in a complete loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Dorman Products, Inc. (Dorman) is recalling certain replacement intermediate steering shafts sold under the Dorman, OE Solutions, and Solutions brand names, part numbers 425-167, 2425167, and 7-3074, for installation on 2004-2012 Chevrolet Malibu, 2005-2010 Pontiac G6, and 2007-2009 Saturn Aura vehicles. The affected steering shafts may have a yoke that inadequately supports the u-joint bearing resulting in a premature failure.
- Dorman will notify owners, and dealers will refund the purchase price or replace the steering shafts, free of charge. The recall began in September 2014. Owners may contact Dorman customer service at 1-800-523-2492.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.