- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 30 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 31 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 32 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 33 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 15031: Steel Cable That Anchors Seat Belt May Fail
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
If the cable breaks, the seat occupant may not be properly restrained in the event of a crash, increasing their risk of injury.
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured April 8, 2010, to October 11, 2012. In the affected vehicles, the flexible steel cables that connect the seat belts to the vehicle at the outside of the driver seat and the front passenger seat may be bent from being sat on while entering the vehicle. This repeated bending may result in the cable breaking.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the outboard lap anchor mounting bracket and inspect the flexible steel cable, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on November 16, 2015. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 15031.
- Documents (19)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Upcoming Safety 15031 – Update Customer Advisory Letter Mailing Revised
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Upcoming Safety 15031 - Update Customer Advisory Letter Mailing
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS3866 Date: December 4, 2015 Subject: 15031A – Safety Recall Safety Belt Lap Anchor Tensioner Cable Revised Parts Information
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Bulletin No.: 15031 Date: November 2015
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: November 13, 2015 Subject: 15031 - Safety Recall Safety Belt Lap Anchor Tensioner Cable Models: 2011-2012 Chevrolet Malibu
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- May 4, 2017 Subject: Clarification on Quarterly Report Figures Recall 15V269 (GM 15031)
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- January 27, 2016 Subject: Clarification on Quarterly Report Figures
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.