- July 14: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 1 days ago
- July 7: Chevrolet Cobalt and HHR Fuel Leaks Investigated investigations | 8 days ago
- June 29: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 16 days ago
- June 26: Investigation: Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain Steering investigations | 19 days ago
- June 11: GM Truck Hood Recall Issued, Again recalls | 34 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : Steering Shaft Inadequate Support Of U-Joint
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
A joint bearing that fails prematurely may cause separation of the u-joint resulting in a complete loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Dorman Products, Inc. (Dorman) is recalling certain replacement intermediate steering shafts sold under the Dorman, OE Solutions, and Solutions brand names, part numbers 425-167, 2425167, and 7-3074, for installation on 2004-2012 Chevrolet Malibu, 2005-2010 Pontiac G6, and 2007-2009 Saturn Aura vehicles. The affected steering shafts may have a yoke that inadequately supports the u-joint bearing resulting in a premature failure.
- Dorman will notify owners, and dealers will refund the purchase price or replace the steering shafts, free of charge. The recall began in September 2014. Owners may contact Dorman customer service at 1-800-523-2492.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.