- March 20: GMC Sierra 3500 and Chevy Silverado 3500 Trucks Recalled recalls | 6 days ago
- March 13: GM Recalls Chevy and Cadillac Vehicles For Power Steering Problems recalls | 13 days ago
- February 16: Chevrolet Malibu Recall Issued After Airbag Inflator Ruptured recalls | 38 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 44 days ago
- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 78 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 39440: Electronic Stability Control Systems/FMVSS 126
2016 Chevrolet Malibu
If the EBCM fails the primary braking system will still function, however, the loss of ABS and ESC increase the risk of a crash.
Electronic Stability Control
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured March 7, 2016, through March 12, 2016. The memory chip in the electronic brake control module (EBCM) may fail and cause the loss of electronically controlled brake systems including anti-lock brakes (ABS) and electronic stability control (ESC). As such, these vehicles fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 126, "Electronic Stability Control Systems."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will install a replacement EBCM, free of charge. The recall began on June 17, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020). GM's number for this recall is 39440.
- Documents (15)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: June 13, 2016 Subject: 39440 - Noncompliance Recall Electronic Brake Control Module Memory Failure
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162039440 Release Date: June 2016
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162039440 Release Date: December 2017 Revision: 01
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: December 15, 2017 Subject: 15808B – Noncompliance Recall Revised No Key in Reminder Chime and/or No Audio
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162039440 Release Date: February 2018 Revision: 02
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: February 1, 2018
Click a tab for more information.