- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 1 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 15 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 19 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 36 days ago
- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 56 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : GM/Steering Gear/Frame Bolts
1999 Chevrolet Silverado 3500
If this condition is ignored, the steering gear to frame can wear and/or fatigue the attaching bolts to the point of breakage or the bolts backing out. If all the bolts break or back out, the steering gear would separate from the frame resulting in a loss of steering control.
Steering — Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)
- Vehicle description: Extended cab 4-wheel drive pickup trucks. Some of these vehicles have a lower than specified torque on all three of the steering gear to frame attachment bolts. The bolts can loosen over time allowing the steering gear to move. This loosening can result in some unresponsive steering feel and some noise to the driver.
- Dealers will retorque the steering gear to frame bolts to proper specifications.
Click a tab for more information.