- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- June 21: Recall: 2013 Chevrolet Volt Has Voltage Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- June 20: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Recalled Over Airbag Failures recalls | 25 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 26 days ago
- June 14: Chevrolet Sonic Recalled to Replace Seatbacks recalls | 31 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : GM/Steering Gear/Frame Bolts
1999 Chevrolet Silverado 3500
If this condition is ignored, the steering gear to frame can wear and/or fatigue the attaching bolts to the point of breakage or the bolts backing out. If all the bolts break or back out, the steering gear would separate from the frame resulting in a loss of steering control.
Steering — Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)
- Vehicle description: Extended cab 4-wheel drive pickup trucks. Some of these vehicles have a lower than specified torque on all three of the steering gear to frame attachment bolts. The bolts can loosen over time allowing the steering gear to move. This loosening can result in some unresponsive steering feel and some noise to the driver.
- Dealers will retorque the steering gear to frame bolts to proper specifications.
Click a tab for more information.