- July 25: GM Class Action Lawsuit Over Vortec Engines Continues news | 3 days ago
- July 23: Chevy Bolt Fire Recall Issued After Repairs Failed recalls | 5 days ago
- July 20: Recall: 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Trucks recalls | 8 days ago
- July 15: Chevy Bolt Fire Hazard Warning: Park Outside news | 13 days ago
- July 9: GM Recalls 410,000 Trucks With Dangerous Airbag Inflators recalls | 19 days ago
Chevrolet Recall N192284960: Hood May Open Unexpectedly
2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500
If a striker wire fractures, the hood may open unexpectedly while driving, increasing the risk of a crash.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and 3500 and GMC Sierra 2500 and 3500 vehicles. The hood-latch striker wires may not have been heat-treated properly, possibly causing them to fracture.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the hood assembly, free of charge. The recall began April 13, 2020. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC customer service at 1-888-988-7267. GM's number for this recall is N192284960.
- Documents (7)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Dealer Notification re Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Safety Recall N192284960 Hood Striker Fracture
- Miscellaneous Document - Hood Striker Fracture FAQs
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Global Safety Field Investigations Memo re Hood Striker Fracture
- Miscellaneous Document - FAQs re Hood Striker Fracture
- Safety Bulletin re Hood Striker Fracture
Click a tab for more information.