- September 20: GM Lawsuit Alleges Chevy Silverado Roof is Dangerous news | 5 days ago
- August 29: Corvette Cracked Wheels Class Action Lawsuit Continues news | 27 days ago
- August 18: GM Recalls 514,000 Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles recalls | 38 days ago
- August 3: GM Flex Fuel Class Action Lawsuit Filed in Illinois news | 53 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2007 Chevrolet Suburban (Page 1 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.
The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 65,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 186 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (65 reports)
- nothing got resolved (53 reports)
- chevy needs to fix (27 reports)
- replace engine (15 reports)
- splash guard to be added in oil pan (5 reports)
- replaced cylinder heads (3 reports)