2014 Chevrolet Suburban accessories - interior problems: service brakes soon warning on

Service Brakes Soon Warning On

2014 Chevrolet Suburban

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

4.0

2014 Chevrolet Suburban accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Suburban:

2014 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Jun 082014

Suburban LTZ 5.3L V8

Travelling through New Mexico's mountains and hills (not riding the brakes on the long downhill slopes) I got a message in the Driver Information Center saying "Service Brakes Soon". I looked at the odometer and it had LESS than 4000 miles on the odometer. I stopped the vehicle and turned it off. I then restarted it and the message was gone. It never came back on during the trip but I worried each time I needed to brake. I took the truck in for service when we got back home and the dealer said that there were no codes stored in the system and not to worry about it unless it did it again. It has not done it since then.

Update from Dec 31, 2016: This was the very first sign of trouble with the Suburban. It was apparently related to a short in the courtesy light module. Module was replaced by dealer under warranty.

- Roger L., Skidmore, TX, USA