- July 16: GM Recalls 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibus For Airbag Failures recalls | 3 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- June 21: Recall: 2013 Chevrolet Volt Has Voltage Problems recalls | 28 days ago
- June 20: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Recalled Over Airbag Failures recalls | 29 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 30 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 13247: Rear Brake Caliper Bolts/FMVSS 135
2014 Chevrolet Suburban
Loose caliper bolts may cause reduced braking performance and result in lengthened stopping distances, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic
- General Motors is recalling certain model year 2014 Chevrolet Suburban vehicles manufactured July 9, 2013, through July 22, 2013; and 2014 Chevrolet Tahoe vehicles manufactured July 16, 2013, through July 23, 2013; and model year 2014 GMC Yukon vehicles manufactured July 13, 2013, through July 18, 2013; and model year 2014 GMC Yukon XL vehicles manufactured on July 22, 2013. The rear brake caliper bolts may not be fully tightened. Thus, these vehicles fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 135, "Light Vehicle Brake Systems."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the bolts on both rear brake caliper brackets. Any bolts found loose will be replaced and tightened. This service will be performed, at no charge. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 and GMC at 1-800-462-8782. GM's recall number is 13247.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.