- April 16: Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Issues Debated In Court news | 8 days ago
- April 13: Chevy Bolt Propulsion Power Reduced Due to Battery Cells: GM news | 11 days ago
- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 17 days ago
- March 26: Injured Cop Sues Dealership For Not Reporting Stolen SUV news | 29 days ago
- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 40 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 17017: Incorrect Side View Mirror Installed/FMVSS 111
2016 Chevrolet Suburban
If equipped with the incorrect right-side rear-view mirror, the driver may misjudge the distance of other vehicles, increasing the risk of a crash.
Visibility — Rearview Mirrors/Devices — Exterior
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2016-2017 Chevrolet Suburban HD vehicles. These vehicles were assembled with a convex right-hand outside mirror, instead of with a non-convex (flat) right-hand outside mirror. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 111, "Rearview Mirrors."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the convex mirror with a non-convex mirror and provide a new page for the owner's manual with the customer notification letter, free of charge. The recall began February 7, 2017. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 17017.
- Documents (11)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: February 6, 2017 Subject: 17017 - Noncompliance Recall Right Hand Mirror Released with Incorrect Glass
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-2
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162077760 Release Date: February 2017
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: January 12, 2017 Subject: Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Noncompliance Recall 17017
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.