- January 10: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Affects Vortec Engines news | 11 days ago
- January 5: GM Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 16 days ago
- January 2: Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled For Seat Belts recalls | 19 days ago
- January 1: Chevy Bolt Recall: Brake Calipers May Break recalls | 20 days ago
- December 25: Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court news | 27 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 17017: Incorrect Side View Mirror Installed/FMVSS 111
2016 Chevrolet Suburban
If equipped with the incorrect right-side rear-view mirror, the driver may misjudge the distance of other vehicles, increasing the risk of a crash.
Visibility — Rearview Mirrors/Devices — Exterior
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2016-2017 Chevrolet Suburban HD vehicles. These vehicles were assembled with a convex right-hand outside mirror, instead of with a non-convex (flat) right-hand outside mirror. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 111, "Rearview Mirrors."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the convex mirror with a non-convex mirror and provide a new page for the owner's manual with the customer notification letter, free of charge. The recall began February 7, 2017. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 17017.
- Documents (11)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: February 6, 2017 Subject: 17017 - Noncompliance Recall Right Hand Mirror Released with Incorrect Glass
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-2
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162077760 Release Date: February 2017
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: January 12, 2017 Subject: Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Noncompliance Recall 17017
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.