9.2

$700

2. replace condenser (1 reports)
2016 Chevrolet Tahoe AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2016 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Mar 172020

Tahoe LTZ

First time this year I had turned on the a/c. The air coming out was really hot and I checked to make sure the adjustments were correct. They were. I called the auto dealer where I bought my vehicle and they scheduled my appointment and came and picked it up and brought it back to me. They told me they had to replace the condenser. We had bought the extended warranty so I was glad of that at least. We still had to pay $200 dollars even with the extended warranty. Then I googled online the problem and saw that others had experienced the same problem. Seems like there should be a recall on this problem!

I am going to pay the bill I guess and hope there is a recall so I can get my money back!

- Kimberly T., Amory, MS, US

Sep 112019

Tahoe LT 5.3L

AC on a vehicle shouldn't be an issue now days sound ridiculous specially coming from a such nice vehicle a Tahoe z71 off road package is embarrassing to the owner and the company it self. Why is this a problem, stupidity from engineers. I don't know, What I do know is that I make monthly payments on this beautiful piece of equipment that AC is not an option bc it sucks. my 2002 4runner does a better job blowing ice cold air. Please GM take your customers serious and don't sell what you won't buy.

- Marlon R., Columbus, GA, US

Jul 182019

Tahoe LXT V8

This problem is a big pain in the ass. When the temperature is in the mid to high 90's. It is very embarrassing when you pay over $70,000.00 for a Chevy Tahoe that has a major problem with the A/C. Hopefully, GM will fix this ASAP.

- Bob S., Lancaster, OH, US

May 032019

Tahoe LTZ 5.3L

I had purchased this used under warranty 2016 LTZ TAHOE with 29000 km. Then After two weeks when i start it and turn the A/C on it was blowing hot air and I noted that the compressor didn’t engage at all. Two days later it was working 😒 when I started the car. At third start it didn't work again whatever I did, so I went to the dealer. They changed the whole fuse master box under warranty, claiming that it was a relay failure. I picked up the car and the A/C was working again but not as cold as before especially at low speeds or in heavy traffic. So few days later I went back to them complaining about this thing. After checking they said every thing is ok and there’s nothing wrong with it and convinced me that it's normal and good. They made me doubt my sense. After several desperate attempts with the dealer to solve this problem which had not been successful I decided to sell the car and I did.

- Wbb400 .., jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Apr 022019

Tahoe LT V8

We first experienced the ac not blowing cold from time to time and asked about it when we had it in for an oil change. We were told everything was fine and that was common for this car. Now the ac is not blowing cold at all. I see several others with the same issue. Is there an active recall for this problem?

- Jason B., Oklahoma City, OK, US