- May 19: Nearly 713,000 Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain SUVs Recalled recalls | 16 days ago
- May 13: GM ARC Exploding Airbag Recall Affects 1 Million Vehicles recalls | 22 days ago
- May 10: GM PCV Lawsuit Sees Several Claims Dismissed news | 25 days ago
- May 8: General Motors Transmission Class Action Lawsuit Certified news | 27 days ago
- April 28: GM Recalls Chevrolet 4500HD, 5500HD, 6500HD After Fires recalls | 37 days ago
Airbag Did Not Deploy In Accident
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 50,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
seat belts / air bags problem
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2016 Tahoe problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
click to see larger images
I was hit on the front drivers side at a high speed, when someone made a left turn, never seeing me, slowing or stopping. The driver was impaired. My Tahoe rocked on two wheels, slammed down, jumped two large curbs, hurtled across a parking lot, before coming to rest just short of a roughly 2 story, sign. My airbags did NOT go off, but the white powder from the accelerant filled the vehicle. My vehicle was totaled. This was a HARD hit at high speed. It was a small car that hit me, and that car was basically dust. The impaired driver walked away. I hit the side of my head at some point and lost consciousness. When I came to, the police were at my door helping me out of the car, I felt like only seconds had gone by. I suffered a severe concussion, which caused memory loss, thought to speech issues, and headaches. I have pinched nerves, and pulled muscles in my back and neck. I am told by my doctor that the headaches and other issues may not resolve.
In the meantime, my vehicle is not a part of the airbag recall. How does the other car hit the sensors that cause the airbags to deploy, and only powder accelerant come out? I would be curious to know how many other cars have â€œfailure to deployâ€ issues.
- Stacy S., Tucson, US