- January 10: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Affects Vortec Engines news | 12 days ago
- January 5: GM Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 17 days ago
- January 2: Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled For Seat Belts recalls | 20 days ago
- January 1: Chevy Bolt Recall: Brake Calipers May Break recalls | 21 days ago
- December 25: Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court news | 28 days ago
Fuel Gauge Is Inaccurate
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 61,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 78 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (36 reports)
- replace faulty level sensor in fuel pump assembly (34 reports)
- recall the damaged part (4 reports)
- replace fuel sending unit (2 reports)
- replace fuel pump (1 reports)
- replace fuel tank (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem