- August 30: Chevy Bolt Batteries May Have Cell Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- August 29: GM Recalls Vehicles With Driveshafts That Break recalls | 24 days ago
- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 43 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 46 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 47 days ago
Squealing Noise On Acceleration
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 66,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
- replace bearing on the idler pulley (1 reports)