- October 17: GM Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau Cover Recall Affects 7,200 Trucks recalls | 5 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 10 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 15 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 21 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 30 days ago
Fuel Gauge Not Working
2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer (Page 3 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 56,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 74 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (34 reports)
- replace fuel sensor (32 reports)
- replace the entire fuel module (7 reports)
- replace fuel descending unit (1 reports)
fuel system problem