8.7

2012 Chrysler 200 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler 200:

2012 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Feb 122021

200 S 3.6L V6

Car dies coming to a stop or putting in gear under low acceleration. I read about a recall of the pcm, then later a wiring pin in the fuse relay box. Apparently defective crap was used in them that's caused this problem. I want the damn thing fixed.

- Adam J., Helena, US

May 192019

200 Limited V6

The car randomly stopped as I was about to enter the highway, but luckily I had time for it to roll to the side. After sitting there waiting 4 hours it turned on. It happened the following month on the highway but there was no traffic and I was going fast enough that when it stopped it rolled to the side. I don't know where I found the strength to turn the wheel a little because it had locked.

This has literally happened at least 100x since that first time and it is nerve wracking because i have to drive it on eggshells. Something's gotta give because every mechanic has said they can't help me.

- Mercedes B., Flushing, NY, US

Jun 062020

200 Limited 2.4L

I've had this Chrysler 200 for 2 months and every week there's something new wrong. Only half of the dashboard shows. There's also something electrical wrong , the car shuts off while driving. One day it will run just fine with no check light then the next ,its too hot to start or shuts off in drive.

- Lewis S., West Columbia, US

Apr 192020

200 LX 2.4L

The car runs great just put new plugs in it because it has been some time since i had thinking this is what the issue was but stull shuts down while drive out of nowhere luckily i make it to the side of the road with no incidents and have to wait 5 mins or so for it to start back up literally can not trust this car anymore till the issue is resolved

- James H., Tacoma, WA, US

Sep 142019

200 Limited 3.6L

Car dies while driving 60 on crowded interstate. This has happened multiple times.

- Devin B., Navarre, FL, US

Aug 102018

200 Sedan

My battery light came on and I thought; okay go get a new battery. How silly of me. Because before I even had the chance, the car started losing all of its electrical functions. Radio stopped, lights out, brakes not working, and unable to accelerate. It stopped on me in the middle of the road forcing me to seek help. Luckily my husband was close by. We changed the battery thinking this would solve the problem and low and behold, the battery light came back on and the car started making noises again. Can't get into the repair shop until September 6th. Why isn't this issue fixed.

- Renee J., Canton, OH, US

Jul 052018

200

Still not fixed. Cleaned throttle body, and when that didn't resolve the issue they replaced throttle body. Car still stalls at random times, both while moving and waiting at lights. Almost been in several accidents. All loss of power steering and control of the car.

Update from Jul 30, 2018: The day after I wrote my complaint the engine started shaking as soon as I turned the car on. I tried to restart the car, it would not start, and instead rolled backwards into the street. Luckily there was enough room for cars to go around me. Eventually I was able to start the car long enough to get it out of the street.

- Maggie S., Berea, US

Sep 172017

200 Touring 3.6L

Every time I drive the car, the car stalls, hesitates or does not start. This must be a Chrsyler.

- Nicholas B., Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Apr 142017

200 4D 2WD 3.2L

Chrysler 200 2012 is not safe. I was driving 55 mph and the car shut off and tried to restart several times.

I was happy the car behind me did not hit me. I waited a couple of days before driving, and car shut down

again. Reported to American Car Center and of course they are not reliable. I was told to let them take a look at it and they will give me an estimate. I have had this car for two years and still paying notes. Then I was told to contact Chrysler, very unhappy. I do not want the car, they can have it back.

- Octavia T., Memphis, US