CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Chrysler 200 carries the torch of "never buy the 1st year of a new vehicle generation" with pride.

The 2015 model year is the first year of the Chrysler 200's 2nd generation. It has been plagued by problems from the start. Transmission failure at extremely low mileage, many recalls, problems stalling while driving... the list goes on. Maybe Chrysler should have stuck with the 1st generation.

8.4

2. technical service bulletin 10-002-17 (1 reports)
2015 Chrysler 200 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Mar 012019

200 Limited V4

I was driving my car and the check airbag/system light came on. This would beep and alert me like every 5 minutes. The next day while driving my car starts to shut off while operating. This is extremely scary as I was almost rear ended several times. I scheduled an appointment to service this issue. Of course, the appointment date a couple weeks out. I Googled my issue and just so have it that many people have experienced the same issue. So I checked my wiring underneath the seat and made sure wires were connected. Start up the car and the service light was no longer visible. I drove the car around and it did not cut off any longer.

Why would a service airbag sensor make the car shut off during operation? This is extremely dangerous!!

- Kimberly J., San Jose, CA, US

Apr 012017

200 ES 3.2L

The problem was reported to the dealership (Russell Westbrook Van Nuys) twice while still under warranty. They "fixed it" but, the Service Air Bag light keeps turning on.

The transmission also hard shifts constantly. I regret having purchased this vehicle.

- Armando A., Granada Hills, CA, US

Dec 162017

200

click to see larger images

air bag light on air bag light on air bag light on air bag light on air bag light on air bag light on

No charge if your car is still under warranty; otherwise prepare to bend over.

- Ronald P., Statesville, NC, US

Aug 232017

200 Limited V6

The airbag light would be lit at any given time. It would stay on for weeks and go out for a few weeks then lit again. It was really a bother because it wasn't safe and I couldn't work my part time job because my car needed to pass inspection.

- Emma C., Hyattsville, US

Dec 112017

200 Limited 4

I purchased a 2015 Chrysler 200 in February 2017' since then in the last 3 months it continues to show FOB and won"t start for awhile; it shows check air bag system frequently' the fob often doesn't open the doors or the truck. I have a 2005 Altima that cost me only $150.00 in repairs in the past 12 years. purchased new.

- Shirley W., San Leandro, US