CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Chrysler 200 carries the torch of "never buy the 1st year of a new vehicle generation" with pride.

The 2015 model year is the first year of the Chrysler 200's 2nd generation. It has been plagued by problems from the start. Transmission failure at extremely low mileage, many recalls, problems stalling while driving... the list goes on. Maybe Chrysler should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 12)

Jan 012015

200

TL the contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the service air bag soon indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to crown Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram (6300 king drive, ventura, ca 93003, 805-918-4485) several times for the failure. The dealer performed unknown repairs that did not correct the failure. The contact spoke with the manufacturer and was informed that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V114000 (air bags, seats). The approximate failure mileage was 5,000.

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Apr 102019

200

I have been having issues with this car since day 1 and nobody will do anything about it. First it act like it wants to cut off while I'm driving, then it went to acting like it didn't want to start and now my car has been sitting up for months and will not start at all. It's reading airbag systems and warming engine wait to start. When I wait it still won't start. I'm still paying american car center my money for something I can't even drive and they keep telling me someone will get back with me and never do.

- Huntsville, AL, USA

Aug 072019

200

Air bag sensor, cooling thermostat and hosing. Shocks headlight issues electrical. I have put two thermostat and changed hosing twice. There are sever recalls listed on the same make year and model and under my VIN there's no recalls yet I'm experiencing the same issues that were recalled on the same year make and model. This does not make since why isn't my car covered for the recalls. I took my car to Chrysler dealer and called cooperate and they said my car isn't covered but there's recalls with the same issues for the same year make and model.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 122019

200

Current airbag light is on and dealer says it isn't covered under warranty but that it may or may not malfunction. Total cost for repair is $2500. They say it's an issue with closed loop feedback

- Metamora, IL, USA

Jul 072019

200

I was involved in an accident with my car. A car turned in front of me while I had the right of way. I did not have time to even hit the brakes. So the front of my car hit the vehicle. I was going about 40 mph. The whole front bumper came off and the steel support bar and the frame was twisted. My airbags never deployed. I did sustain injuries! this was not the first issue I had with this car. I bought it in 2017 and a week later the car started downshifting as I was driving all the time. It would stall and the transmission light would come on. I brought it to Chrysler and was told that the original owner had S6arted the recall process on the transmission!! I was infuriated that I was not told. After rental cars because I couldnt use it while the recall stuff was being done. And me bringing it back and forth 3 times with the problem still persisting! yet again the car downshifted in traffic and was forced to go off the road. Finally they replaced the transmission. A year later and my car still does not switch gears right and the check engine light never goes off!!! I am now gonna sue the hell out of Chrysler!!

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Jun 132019

200

Warning light air bag has been on won't turn off, vehicle was stationary. Vehicle loses power driving, vehicle stalls out when backing in reverse.

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Aug 012018

200

My airbag light will come on and then go off. It has been doing this for about a year.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Jun 252019

200

Airbag light comes on intermittently and I had it to the dealer once who stated it was a seat wiring issue and fixed it... so I thought, now 3 months later the light is back on intermittently and the estimate to fix it is over $ 3,000 because 2 airbags need to be replaced/fix. My understanding is that there are older 2015 Chrysler 200 models that have a recall to fix this same problem but Chrysler hasn't and won't extend it through all the 2015 Chrysler 200 models. It is a safety issue and if it is happening still in the same year later models, don't you think they never resolved the issue and kept building cars knowingly?? hmmmm

- Cape May, NJ, USA

Jun 242019

200

Vehicle shuts off randomly while driving and sending a message to put in park and restart vehicle. Several message lights come on that indicate there is an issue with the electrical components. Also, the service airbag message comes on every few seconds and airbag light stays on.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jun 182019

200

2015 Chrysler 200 limited when accelerating from park the car is reving to 3rd and 4th but going slowly getting stuck between those two gears then jerking and giving dragging affect after. While on the highway or street car drags after stopping and then accelerating. Var feels as if it is fishtailing and the wheels are getting stuck for a mibute before it jerks back into place. Air bag sensor goes on and off from time to time. When it comes on it will sometimes stay on for days sometimes weeks at a time. Oil changes have been done regularly. Juat started happening on 6/19/2019. Car seems to pull and vibrate even harder when the A/C unit is on. Car also has a hard vibrating noise under hood. Miles:93,800 transmission is under warranty until 100,000 miles no check engine light has came on as of yet.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jun 122019

200

My husband got was leaving work today 6/12/19 and pull out from his job to enter traffic but once he was straight in the lane the car began to slow down so he had to pull into a gas station to try and get back started which took about 5 mins of the car winding before it started. So when he got home I had to take my daughter to summer camp and as soon as I made a right turn onto the street and acceralted the car began to shut down again and took about 15 mins in a highly traffic area before it restarted but now the air bag light is stuck on and a warning engine wait light also came on before the car started

- Dayton, OH, USA

Jun 102019

Airbag light comes

- Newport News, VA, USA

Jun 082019

200

First problem: The car stalls and/or dies while driving. It did this while my daughter was driving and she had to pull over on the highway. I managed to get it started and drive it home but it would not go over 25 mph. The check engine light, the electronic throttle control light, and the traction control light (?) were all on. Second problem: There is a message to service airbag system comes on. I did some research and found other people wit the same problem. On the yellow wire box under the passenger seat, there was a black latch (?) that clicked when I squeezed. The message went away.

- Burleson, TX, USA

May 212019

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated. In addition, the contact had to reach underneath the dashboard to release the brake and remove the battery cable for 15 minutes in order to start the vehicle. The contact spoke with blackburn Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (2135 N frontage road, vicksburg, ms 39180, (601) 636-2766) and was informed to bring in the vehicle for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not contacted. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 84,000.

- Port Gibson, MS, USA

Jun 012019

200

Several diagnostics codes relating to recalls issued involving transmission, electrical systems and air bags present on vehichle. Chyrsler refuses to honor stating that those issues doesn't effect M my VIN #. veheicle stalls and air bag maintenance light is on for over a year now.

- Lehigh Acres, FL, USA

Feb 282019

200

Air bag light continues to come on and off, states service air bag system and even then like mentioned it used to go off and on now the light continues to stay on.

- Lincoln Park, MI, USA

Aug 052017

200

Takata recall my airbag light is on and has been on for along time now when it first came on it would come on then shut off now it's been on and hasn't shut off.

- Fremont, NE, USA

Nov 242018

200

A few days after I bought the car the air bag sensor came on. The dealership said it had something to do with the wiring and seats. They wouldnżT fix the problem. I have read where the Chrysler 200 had recalled for this exact problem but havenżT received a recall notice. The vehicle was in park and came on when I started the car.

- Copperas Cove, TX, USA

May 092019

200

My car wouldnżT start when you hold down the breaks and the start button and it has when it rains or after it rains but I change the battery and the key fob battery not that long ago and IżM confused on what's happening.

- Waite Park, MN, USA

May 082019

200

1. air bag light stays on constantly 2. engine light is on 3. issues with car not alliwing phones to connect to car 4.**** major issue is that car is stalling..turns off totally. Eventually turns bacj on but yesterday it took a while..I had to press diwn on the break and keep pumping it. We were not stationary we were driving

- Las Vegas, NV, USA