2016 Chrysler 200 engine problems: dies while driving

Dies While Driving

2016 Chrysler 200

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.

8.0

2016 Chrysler 200 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chrysler 200:

2016 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Apr 082017

200 LX 2.4L

Car died for the second time in 200 kms while driving about 40 km/h. Stalled and wouldn't start. Towed to dealer where they replaced engine wiring harness. Fortunately, I was able to pull to the side of the road safely. Dealer is willing to trade car in, at a loss, of course. There are too many lemons on this site to think it's not worthy of a recall. No lemon law in Canada so I'm at the mercy of the dealer. Can't afford to let my kids drive this car and risk a serious accident or worse.

- , Brampton, ON, Canada

Jan 242017

200 Limited V6

I TOOK THE CAR IN TO THE DEALER SHIP I BOUGHT IT FROM AND THE GUY LOOKED AT ME IF I WAS CRAZY. AFTER THEY HAD MY CAR FOR 9 HOURS THEY SAID THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY CAR. WERE SORRY

- , Yuma, AZ, USA

Jan 242017

200 Limited V6

I bought this Chrysler 200 in June 2016 and since then I have had issues with the battery (replaced) car would not start, battery would not hold charge and now this. While driving (in motion) the car just shuts off. I have been close to being rear ended due to this. This is my first Chrysler and I am beyond disappointed with this vehicle. On top of that when I take the car to the Service Dept of the dealership where I purchased the car they seem to know little to nothing about the issues of the car or how to resolve them.

- , Montgomery, AL, USA

Nov 082016

200 Limited

I bought a new Chrysler 200 Limited in June 2016. My vehicle has less than 3,000 miles. I have experienced over 10 separate instances where my engine has stalled while decelerating at stop lights, stop signs, or street entrances and then trying to accelerate to get across traffic. The car stall/dies and has to be put back into park and then push the start button to restart. This is an extremely dangerous issue with my vehicle. I do not have any faith in my safety in driving this vehicle. Has anyone else had this same situation? If so, what did the dealer do to fix the situation. Thanks so much!

- , Saint Charles, MO, USA

Aug 092016

200

I bought this car on February 9,2016. It was working fine up until August 2016. The transmission does not catch gear and it stalled in the middle of the street. I kept pushing the gas because a car was coming and it did not move till finally a few seconds later. I wish I never bought this v=car because if it is messing up now I can imagine it in a few years. When I bought this car it had only 10 miles. I am so unhappy with this car. Do NOT purchase this car!!!!!

- , Riverside, CA, USA

Feb 202016

200 Limited 3.2L

I have had this car since November 2014 and yesterday for the 3rd time during this time frame, the vehicle completely died on me as I'm driving home in one of the busiest highways in NYC. The other two times I experienced this was while driving in local streets. Yesterdays experience was a harrowing one, the car engine shut off as I was passing a small bridge in the highway. There was no shoulder I could pullover to, so I let the car coast until it came to a complete stop, I quickly activated my four ways, and shut off the car. When I tried to return the knob from the drive position to the park position, the knob light/indicator would not move as if it were stuck. Since it was early evening I began to feel fear of someone flying in behind me and hitting. I literally had to pull my arm out of the driver side window, and wave it frantically, to direct traffic around the disabled vehicle. After a few minutes, I tried starting up the car once again and it went on and I was able to drive again. This whole experience made me feel vulnerable and and in danger for my own life.

- , Miami, FL, USA