ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

CarComplaints.com Notes: I hope I can stop you from buying this vehicle before you find out that it won't be able to stop you.

2010 Dodge Journey electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Journey:

2010 Dodge Journey Owner Comments (Page 14 of 21)

May 162015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

May 302015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving 40 mph, the wipers independently activated, all the lights on the instrument panel illuminated, all of meters and gauges displayed incorrect readings, and the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system, air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 132,000.

- Augusta, GA, USA

Jun 032015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Feb 052015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While turning the key in the ignition switch, the contact heard an abnormal noise. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available to schedule a recall repair within a reasonable timeframe. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Lancaster, NH, USA

Feb 042015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start until after several attempts. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. In addition, the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 84,000.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jan 012014

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving 35 mph, the vehicle stalled, the doors failed to unlock, and the windows failed to roll down. The contact was able to restart the vehicle; however, the failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer and an independent mechanic who were unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Frankfort, OH, USA

May 152015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact removed the key from the ignition; however, the vehicle would not shut off intermittently. In addition, the vehicle stalled without warning. The dealer stated that the VIN was excluded from the air bags, electrical system recall. The dealer stated that the integrated transmitter, key fob, receiver, and wireless ignition node module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failures. The NHTSA campaign number was unavailable. The failure mileage was 78,780.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Feb 012015

Journey

About 3 months ago my horn started just randomly honking. It didn't matter if it was parked or running. Seems to happen more while parked and in the middle of the night. Now the locks don't want to unlock when I press button on remote or car just unlocks itself. I can go outside holding keys in hand without pressing anything car will unlock or lock. Several incidents so far of windows just randomly rolling down. The honking thing scares me the most especially while in traffic jams when people have road rage! I've gotten plenty of middle fingers because of this possessed car. I've also had the car just shut off at a stop light. It did how ever start immediately. Thanks Dodge for taking my money, disregarding my families safety and giving me a pos!

- Bastrop, TX, USA

May 092015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start until after numerous attempts. A certified mechanic was unable to generate a trouble code. The vehicle was not repaired. There was a recall associated with NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 93,478. The VIN was unavailable.

- Gallipolis, OH, USA

Feb 012011

Journey

I bought my car December of 2010 and since owning it has been nothing but issues. I did have some things fixed right after purchase and others they said they saw no issue. My vehicle keeps loosing coolant and was overheating which not burnt my reservoir, my car doesn't always start which has happened since I purchased, door lock doesn't work on driver door, and horn was sounding while driving and alarm was constantly going off until I removed fuse, and fuse box always has a clicking noise. I am not the only one with issues with this vehicle I have seen manau with similar issues and they are all extremely dangerous especially with children in the car. Also my car made a terrible growling noise and I had transmission replaced. Please help get these investigated it's terrible. Never again will I purchase a Dodge or advise anyone to do so. Would be a great car if it didn't always have these issues. Just want problems addressed for all owners so they can enjoy a car they bought with their families.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Apr 092015

Journey

High speed on blower does not work anymore. This can affect visibility if defogger can't keep up on lower settings. Issue traced to melted control board, suggesting the possibility of a thermal event.

- Roseville, MI, USA

Mar 242015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving at approximately 25 mph, there was a sudden loss of power causing the vehicle to fail to accelerate. The failure recurred on two other occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 85,395.

- Edmonton, KY, USA

Sep 062014

Journey 6-cyl

Purchased a pre-owned 2010 Dodge Journey last August. Having intermittent issues with it starting properly. Around November of 2014 the door locks (other than the driver's side door alone) stopped working correctly. The doors would lock every time, but would intermittently fail to unlock anything except for the driver's side. Took it to the dealer (as I have a 2 month old that would prefer not to be trapped in a car I can't unlock) and they diagnosed it back to the tipm. It costs $1000 to replace, and as I said I have a 2 month old and don't have the financial means to repair a part that should never have been an issue to begin with.

- Harrison, TN, USA

Apr 012015

Journey 4-cyl

Since purchase horn beeps intermittently when doors are opened and shut. Dealer could never find issue. Windows would not go up in front but corrected self. Now battery dies and no dealer can find the reason. Put in brand new battery and lasted a week until doing it again. Dash lights dim to almost dark when wipers are turned on. Sometimes dash lights stay on when door closed and must stay until delay to be sure they are all off. Very annoying. There are many aspects that we liked with the Journey but this is a real problem.

- Watertown, WI, USA

Apr 032015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving at 50 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Hammond , LA, USA

Jun 152012

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving approximately 45 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. In addition, the contact stated that the vehicle failed to start intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the win module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 11V139000 (electrical system) and 14V373000 (electrical system). The failure mileage was 128,000.

- Sanger, CA, USA

Feb 012015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start and the steering wheel started to shake excessively. The contact mentioned that the ESC and traction control lights illuminated on the instrument panel. Also, the contact mentioned that the shift lever became stuck in the park position. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 54,000.

- Bottleground, WA, USA

Oct 202014

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving at 35 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated. In addition, the contact stated that the horn independently activated. The vehicle failed to start and the doors locked independently. As a result, the contact was unable to exit the vehicle. The contact had to use the emergency key to exit the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 114,000.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Oct 102014

Journey 4-cyl

After driving approximately 10 - 20 miles, I shut the vehicle off and when I went back to start it about 1 hour later, it would not start. There was a click and nothing. After several attempts and maybe 5 minutes later, the vehicle started. I had no further issues until March 17, 2015 when I went to start my vehicle and again nothing happened. Thinking it was a battery, I had it checked out and was told at that time that there was a recall on 2010 Journey ignition switches. The recall states that it is on vehicles that were built prior to June 2010. Even though my vehicle was built in May 2010, it is not included in the recall. I don't think I should have to pay $700 out of pocket to fix an obvious defective part. Please, I would like to know why my vehicle was not included in the recall.

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA

Jun 102013

Journey

In June of 2013 my car alarm started to come on randomly. First while car was in parked position. Days after it then started sounding while driving, leaving my then 6 year olds hysterical. It was happening so much that we took out the fuses. In Nov 2014, while entering the interstate exit my car shut off going 35mph around a deep curve. I lost all control of steering and acceleration, brakes locked up. I was able to force steer to shoulder and turn car off and back on. It ran ok until a couple weeks later it did it again. Coming home off interstate w/ kids in car, car shut off while going 40 mph in mid curve! now beginning Feb 2015, my battery goes dead repeatedly. I've had to have it jumped off almost every morning for last month. I took it to auto store and battery tested good. March 2015, battery going dead again. I've had accredited mechanic look at it who tested everything along w/ relays. He stated battery was good but basically alarm, although it's not heard, its still waking up and drain battery. He couldn't go beyond this point to fix because he believed it's something in computer system? I took to dealer and after I explained everything to them & been without a car for week, they insisted it battery was bad. So we have replaced battery, yet they did not address random alarm/horn. So I took back same day to address this issue B/C it will continue. They now are suggesting to replace horn switch of which after looking at other consumers I don't think will fix the problem. There is something in the cars computer triggering the alarm but for some reason they refuse to check that. I'm not sure if it's just because they can't get as much money from resetting computer or not. I know I don't have money to throw away on trail & error. With all the complaints on this I can't figure out how the dealers/company Chrysler Dodge Jeep doesn't have a solution.

- Macon, GA, USA