7.7

1. replace dashboard (84 reports)
  3. complain, complain, complain at dealer (12 reports)
  4. cover with a dashboard cover (12 reports)
  5. replace dash (10 reports)
  6. get a dashboard from online for 260 + shipping then diy (5 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500:

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 9)

Jan 002008

Ram 2500

In the beginning it was just a small crack, then it progressed and now the entire dashboard is cracked in several different places and is lifting up. I have talked by phone to the Dodge dealership and they said it would cost approximately $1500.00 to $2000.00 to repair. If this is an ongoing problem then I feel that it should be addressed to repair at no cost to me. It should have been a recall if Dodge knew about this problem all along and if this gets worse there could be other problems. Please let me know if Dodge should be responsible for this problem with my dashboard.

- , McKinney, US

Nov 302007

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L

I own a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 pickup in almost showroom condition and always garaged. Now this is, EXCEPT for the cracking and separation of the top 2 piece dash......and is popping out in pieces.

I request / demand my complaint to be entered with other complaints filed by Dodge owners who have the same problem with the dash issue. Chrysler needs to step up and get real and announce another 2003 recall to resolve the problem and not hold off, just get it done NOW!!!!!!!

Steve P.

Southeast Texas

- , Vidor, TX, USA

Jul 012017

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L V8 Hemi

Horrible crack from window to radio and only getting worse!!!

- , Wilmington, US

Nov 092016

Ram 2500

The truck is a diesel and in great working order, but the cracked dash is just awful. I would like to get it replaced.

- , Aurora, US

Jun 152014

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L V6

The dash cracking is a major concern since if I were to be in a major accident with all of the stress cracks how much of the dash could break apart which could be deadly when the shards go flying. The cracks are definitely stress related and not spider cracks. The plastic vent grills have, and are breaking more and more. This is an issue that Chrysler like any other typical automaker just wants to ignore, forgetting that (until they wants repeat sales) when enough owners speak loud enough, their sales fall. CHRYSLER WAKE UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT YOU SOLD US. I KNOW IF IT WAS ONE OF YOUR EXECUTIVES IT WOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN CORRECTED.

MAN UP CHRYSLER!!!!!!!!

- , Orangevale, CA, US

Jun 012017

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L I6

This is a common problem with Ram trucks. My 2000 Dodge Ram did the same thing. Definitely cheap materials used in the manufacture of this vehicle.

- , Alvarado, TX, US

Apr 102012

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L V6

My dash is falling off in piece's. Dealership says because it's old and caused by the sun. Which is BS cause I've always kept my sun blocker installed when parked.

- , Bristow, US

Mar 042015

Ram 2500 Limited 5.7L

Always have taken care of the interior and also have covered my windshield so the sun will not damage my dash. It is cracked real bad. I might not even have a dash come next year due to it is all cracked and falling apart. I have a 2002 Ford Focus ZTX never have protected it like I have my Dodge and it is in perfect condition. No cracked or signs of any stress on the dash.

- , Garland, US

Jan 052017

Ram 2500 SLT 8.0L V10

Why hasn't the NHTSA issued a recall for this well known documented problem? It's obviously a safety issue if sharp pieces can strike the driver or front seat passenger in the face.

- , Seymour, US

Sep 012009

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

click to see larger images

dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked

Dangerous situation that gets worse each month. More and more sharp pieces of dash fall off each time I drive. Afraid that they will kill me in an accident. Hate it even more that my wife NEEDS this to haul her horses and we cannot afford a new truck or even a decent used one. This one runs great and looks good everywhere but the dash. Even if could sell and replace- who would buy such a death trap?

- , Wayne, OK, US

Aug 022016

Ram 2500

VERY CRACKED AND NOT SURE WHY MY CAR HAS A BLACK DASH AND IT SETS IN THE SAME LOCATION NO CRACKS ON IT ...NOT LOOKING FOWARD TO PAYING FOR THIS....I THINK DODGE SHOULD HAVE TO REPLACE THEM!!!!!

- , Chicago, IL, US

Mar 012011

Ram 2500 SL 5.9L Cummins

Dash cracked a few years back, now it is almost completely disintegrated. Besides the danger of flying projectiles, the defroster air vents no longer direct the air flow.

- , Aubrey, TX, USA

Jun 012007

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9L I6

Dash cracked and falling apart. Plastic fell down into defroster ducts and jammed defroster blend door and heater/ air conditioner blend door. Plus I have foam blowing out of all the ducts. Only bought the truck for the engine. If Ford had the contract with Cummins I would not have this problem. Dash not cracked on my old '72 F100 or my not as old '93 F150.

- , Morven, GA, USA

Jun 012015

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L

Condition is concerning from a safety standpoint. The structural integrity of the dash which also houses the passenger airbag is obviously compromised, There are sharp edges where the dash has cracked and where large pieces of plastic are missing. This would very likely cause injuries in the event of a crash.

- , Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Feb 112015

Ram 2500 G811749SLT Hemi

The dash cracked all the way through. The little piece by the window fell apart, not a big deal, we bought a new piece and replaced it but now the entire dash has a giant crack all the way through. We take very good care of this truck it has low miles and is covered often. I called the dealer and they want $2300.00 to replace. That seems a bit excessive to me. I know this is an older truck and I would not mind having the dash replaced if they would be reasonable about the price. The dealership of course states it is old and out of warranty so we are stuck.

- , cypress, CA, USA

Jul 012015

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L I6

Really looking for a solution. Not sure what to do or how to fix it. Anyone get it covered for free?

- , Lindenhurst, USA

Apr 272010

Ram 2500 2500 Cummins Diesel

I couldn't believe that my dash was already cracked. I didn't get it fixed but think with so many complaints on a cracked dashboard that the problem wouldn't be fixed by the manufacturer. I decided to file a complaint because I would like to them to know that it is an obvious problem to the 2003 Dodge 2500. Let's get it fixed.

- , Cedar City, UT, USA

Sep 232015

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Diesel

I called Dodge customer service and they gave me the standard answer. "It's out of warranty. It would be hard to determine whether it was a manufacturing defect or not." Obviously it is a defect. Mine, like thousands of others, is cracked. No, I have not crashed it or went 4 wheeling. Just stupidly drove it to and from work. How ridiculous am I to expect it to last forever! Sadly I am often more concerned what the inside looks like than the outside. I have a lot of clients ride with me. They are going to wonder how my work is if I allow my truck to go to pot like that. More than that, I am worried about what would happen if the airbag deployed in a crash. would those pieces of the dash be propelled around the cab at lethal velocity. I wouldn't be so bad but this model is already been subject to about 3 or 4 recall notices and now I find out that mine is one of the ones with the airbag problem also.

- , Monroe, OH, USA

Jun 152012

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9L Turbo Diesel

Obviously from the amount of information on this specific problem in Dodge Trucks, especially 2003 models, the dash materials are substandard. I put a sun shade in the windshield whenever necessary and windows cracked to keep the vehicle as cool as possible because Implanned on keeping it for a long time. Probably why it took longer to crack than most.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 012013

Ram 2500 Laremi 5.9L Disel

click to see larger images

dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked

Because of the dash falling apart the small pieces fell into the vent and damage the flap that allows the AC/Heat control to be stuck on half way. So it does not get HOT or really COLD.

Cannot change the vent direction from floor to defrost or any were else for that matter.

- , Corinth, TX, USA