- February 2: Petition Alleges 9 Million Hybrid/Electric Vehicles Are Defective investigations | 2 days ago
- January 31: Ford Explorer Windshield Trim Recall May Be Necessary investigations | 4 days ago
- January 27: Ford Backup Camera Recall Follows 17 'Minor Accidents' recalls | 8 days ago
- January 25: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Investigation is Closed After 6 Years investigations | 10 days ago
- January 15: Ford Maverick Side Airbag Recall Leads to Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
Ford Recall 19S26: Steering Gear Motor May Detach
2015 Ford Edge
If the bolts corrode, the steering gear motor may detach from the gear housing resulting in a loss of power steering assist, requiring a greater steering effort, especially at lower speeds, and increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013-2016 Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ, 2015-2016 Ford Edge, and 2016 Lincoln MKX vehicles originally sold, or currently registered in Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. Road salt or other contaminants may corrode the electric power steering gear motor attachment bolts.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering gear motor bolts and apply a wax sealer. If any of the steering gear motor attachment bolts are broken or missing, a new steering gear will be installed in the vehicle. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began October 18, 2019. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19S26.
- Documents (10)
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Advance Notice - Safety Recall 19S26
- Miscellaneous Document - Ford Media Center Aug 30, 2019 - FORD MOTOR COMPANY ISSUES FOUR SAFETY RECALLS IN NORTH AMERICA
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Safety Recall 19S26 Certain 2013-2016 Model Year Fusion and MKZ and 2015-2016 Model Year Edge and MKX Vehicles Steering Gear Motor Bolt Corrosion dated 10-11-19.
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Safety Recall 19S26 –Supplement #1
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.