- July 18: Ford Recalls 550,000 Escapes and Fusions For Rollaway Dangers recalls | 1 days ago
- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 2 days ago
- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 14 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 15 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 24 days ago
Ford Recall 00S18: Ford/Speed Control Cable
2001 Ford Escape
If either of these conditions occurs and the speed control is used, the speed control could prevent the throttle from returning to idle, resulting in a stuck throttle. A stuck throttle could result in a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles equipped with speed control. The speed control cable can have a cracked or missing speed control cable servo cap locating tab. The locating tab could enter the servo clutch cavity and interfere with the speed control servo clutch. Also, water could enter those units that contain a cracked or missing servo cap locating tab, eventually causing corrosion that could interfere with the function of the speed control.
- Dealers will inspect the speed control cables. Vehicles with speed control cables from cavities 3 and 4 will have the cable the speed control servo replaced.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.