- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 7 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 28 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 28 days ago
Ford Recall 00S19: Ford/Steering Wheel
2001 Ford Escape
Either of these conditions can lead to the steering wheel becoming loose or separating from the steering column, resulting in loss of steering control.
Steering — Wheel And Handle Bar
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. These vehicles may have a mis-assembled or incorrectly manufactured nut that attaches the steering wheel assembly to the steering column. The nut could be upside down in the steering wheel assembly, which could overstress the steering column shaft when the nut is tightened. In addition, some of the nuts may have been cracked during manufacture resulting in the nut fracturing when it is tightened during vehicle assembly.
- Dealers will inspect and replace the steering wheel retention armature and, if necessary, the steering column to correct this condition.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.