- January 22: Ford Fuel Filter Recall Affects F-Series Diesel Trucks recalls | 5 days ago
- January 21: Recall: Ford Brake Lights Won't Turn Off recalls | 6 days ago
- December 30: Ford Recalls 2022 F-250 and F-350 Super Dutys recalls | 28 days ago
- December 26: Ford Broncos and Rangers Recalled For Radar Problems recalls | 32 days ago
- December 25: Ford Recalls Mustang Mach-E and Mustang Vehicles recalls | 33 days ago
Ford Defect Investigation DP09003: ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRE
2004 Ford Escape
ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRE
Service Brakes, Hydraulic:Antilock/Traction Control/Electronic Limited Slip:Control Unit/Module
- The Office Of Defects Investigation (ODI) received a defect petition dated March 5, 2009 alleging that the petitioner never received the recall remedy for 07V-156 and that, as a result, the petitioner's MY2003 Ford Escape caught fire at the ABS control module.in response to ODI follow-up, the manufacturer verified that the petitioner's vehicle had in fact received service related to safety recall 07V156 - a fact later corroborated by the petitioner.circumstances of the fire experienced in the petitioner's remedied vehicle indicate that the remedy was ineffective.additional review by ODI identified an additional 6 similar (alleged to have originated in the engine compartment at or near the ABS control module ) non-crash fire incidents in subject vehicles known to have received the recall remedy.accordingly, a recall query (RQ09-002) has been opened to assess the effectiveness of the recall remedy.
Click a tab for more information.