- December 13: Stop Underrides Act: Large Trucks and Trailers Need Guards news | 3 days ago
- December 1: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition, 2017 F-53 and F-59 recalls | 15 days ago
- December 1: Ford Recalls 202,000 Explorer SUVs and F-150 Trucks recalls | 15 days ago
- November 25: 2010 Ford Fusion Power Steering Assist Faults Investigated investigations | 21 days ago
- November 19: Feds Deny Ford and Mazda Petitions to Delay Takata Airbag Recalls news | 27 days ago
2005 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Escape has problems where the engine shuts down while driving. Ford finally issued a September 2014 recall. Time will tell if the recall fix really solves the problem.
However the 2005 Escape also has a defect where the PCM (Power Control Module) fries at around 100k miles. Ford extended the PCM warranty to 80,000 miles, but only after most owners were past the mileage limit. Now owners are on the hook for the average repair cost of over $2,000 (!!)
Worst 2005 Escape suspension Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- excessive rusting7
- shock mount rusted through4
- front stabilizer links need to be replaced1
- loud squeaky noise from front end1
- strut mount rusted1
- NHTSA: Suspension369
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front7
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear7
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Wheel Bearing 2
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Shock Absorber1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.