- July 20: 2013 Ford Escape Stalling Problems Investigated investigations | 0 days ago
- July 18: Ford Recalls 550,000 Escapes and Fusions For Rollaway Dangers recalls | 2 days ago
- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 3 days ago
- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 15 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 16 days ago
2005 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Escape has problems where the engine shuts down while driving. Ford finally issued a September 2014 recall. Time will tell if the recall fix really solves the problem.
However the 2005 Escape also has a defect where the PCM (Power Control Module) fries at around 100k miles. Ford extended the PCM warranty to 80,000 miles, but only after most owners were past the mileage limit. Now owners are on the hook for the average repair cost of over $2,000 (!!)
2005 Ford Escape Suspension Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Excessive Rusting9
- Shock Mount Rusted Through7
- Front Stabilizer Links Need To Be Replaced1
- Loud Squeaky Noise From Front End1
- NHTSA: Suspension397
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front7
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear7
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Wheel Bearing 2
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Shock Absorber1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.