- October 27: Ford Fusion Loose Steering Wheel Bolts Investigated investigations | 22 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls Transit Vans After Reports of Fires recalls | 23 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls 2017 F-150 Over Transmission Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- October 25: Ford Recalls 2018 F-150 Trucks For Shift Lever Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- October 22: Ford Explorer Class-Action Settlement Awaits Appeal Court news | 27 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension: Front: Wheel Bearing Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Escape has problems where the engine shuts down while driving. Ford finally issued a September 2014 recall. Time will tell if the recall fix really solves the problem.
However the 2005 Escape also has a defect where the PCM (Power Control Module) fries at around 100k miles. Ford extended the PCM warranty to 80,000 miles, but only after most owners were past the mileage limit. Now owners are on the hook for the average repair cost of over $2,000 (!!)
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 26,584 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.