- January 14: Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty Emissions Lawsuit Filed news | 3 days ago
- January 11: Takata Recall: Stop Driving Your 2006 Ford Ranger recalls | 6 days ago
- January 4: Ford Coolant Leak Recall to Begin Soon recalls | 13 days ago
- December 28: Ford Transmissions That Suddenly Downshift Under Investigation investigations | 20 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 20 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension: Front: Wheel Bearing Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Escape has problems where the engine shuts down while driving. Ford finally issued a September 2014 recall. Time will tell if the recall fix really solves the problem.
However the 2005 Escape also has a defect where the PCM (Power Control Module) fries at around 100k miles. Ford extended the PCM warranty to 80,000 miles, but only after most owners were past the mileage limit. Now owners are on the hook for the average repair cost of over $2,000 (!!)
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 26,584 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.