- July 15: Ford Allegedly Knew About Defective Fiesta and Focus Transmissions news | 1 days ago
- July 12: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCab Trucks For Faulty Seat Belts recalls | 4 days ago
- July 9: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall, Take 2 recalls | 7 days ago
- June 25: Ford Recalls Econolines That May Suddenly Lose Propulsion recalls | 21 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150 Trucks That Received Faulty Recall Repairs recalls | 33 days ago
Ford Recall : Front Wheel Bearing Has Wrong Dimensions
2011 Ford Escape
Use of an incorrectly sized wheel bearing can adversely affect the braking and steering of the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Front — Wheel Bearing
- The Timken Company (Timken) is recalling certain aftermarket front wheel bearings, part number 510072, sold from January 22, 2015, to May 21, 2015, to be used as service parts on 2001-2012 Ford Escape, 2001-2011 Mazda Tribute, and 2005-2011 Mercury Mariner vehicles. The affected wheel bearings have incorrect dimensions of a 42mm bore, 76mm outer dimension, and 39mm width, instead of a 42mm bore, 78mm outer dimension and a 45mm width.
- Timken has begun notifying distributors who will offer purchasers replacement wheel bearings, free of charge. The recall began on May 21, 2015. Owners may contact Timken customer service at 1-866-984-6536.
- Documents (10)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Other Recall Related Documents
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Missing Quarterly Report Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-2
Click a tab for more information.