- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 6 days ago
- September 15: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Investigation Upgraded investigations | 7 days ago
- September 12: Ford PowerShift Dual-Clutch Transmission Settlement Questioned news | 10 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls F-150 and Mustang Over Deadly Airbags recalls | 22 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls Explorer, Taurus and Police Interceptors recalls | 22 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 22,666 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
- upgrade the software and "reprogram" (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem