- August 16: Ford PowerShift Transmission Warranty Extension Announced news | 3 days ago
- August 15: Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Recalled For Seat Belt-Related Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- August 10: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Over Harsh Shifting news | 9 days ago
- August 9: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Filed By Troopers news | 10 days ago
- August 7: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators For 2 Problems recalls | 12 days ago
2013 Ford Escape
Accessories - Interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
2013 Ford Escape Accessories - Interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Navigation System Malfunction7
- Cheap Plastics Used On Interior5
- Audio System Does Not Shut Off4
- Uncomfortable Seats4
- Loss Of Power On Dash, Windows, Lights3
- Clock Malfunction2
- Fuel Gauge Is Inaccurate2
- Cd Player Stopped Working1
- Cruise Control Stopped Working1
- Ford Touch Frozen1
- Loose Door Panels1
- Parking Assist Manfunction1
- Radio Control Knob Not Working Properly1
- Radio Not Working Properly1
- Speakers Not Working Properly1
- Sticks In Park Intermittenty1
- Whining Noise Comes From The Dash1
- NHTSA: Seats5
- NHTSA: Equipment Adaptive2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Instrument Panel1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Nav System (GPS)1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Radio/Tape Deck/Cd Etc.1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.