- May 19: Ford Emissions Processes Under Criminal Investigation investigations | 2 days ago
- May 15: Ford Ranger Gear Shift Indicator Cables Cause Recall recalls | 6 days ago
- May 15: Ford Fusion Gear Shift Recall Expanded recalls | 6 days ago
- May 10: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Filed news | 11 days ago
- April 16: Ford Unintended Acceleration Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 35 days ago
Radio Control Knob Not Working Properly
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 42,050 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem