- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 2 days ago
- February 13: Lincoln Continental Door Latch Recall Includes 28,200 Cars recalls | 3 days ago
- February 13: Ford F-150 Downshifting Problems Cause Recall of 1.5 Million Trucks recalls | 3 days ago
- February 6: Ford Recalls 2019 Rangers For Rollaway Risk recalls | 10 days ago
- January 19: 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Recall Issued For 2,700 SUVs recalls | 28 days ago
2013 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
2013 Ford Escape Brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Brakes Grinding6
- Premature Brake Wear2
- ABS Sensor Went Out1
- Brake Pedal Too Close To Gas1
- Noise Coming From Brakes1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes33
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control22
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Pedals And Linkages5
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
- NHTSA: Traction Control System1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.