- November 19: Feds Deny Ford and Mazda Petitions to Delay Takata Airbag Recalls news | 4 days ago
- October 27: Ford Fusion Loose Steering Wheel Bolts Investigated investigations | 27 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls Transit Vans After Reports of Fires recalls | 28 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls 2017 F-150 Over Transmission Problems recalls | 28 days ago
- October 25: Ford Recalls 2018 F-150 Trucks For Shift Lever Problems recalls | 29 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Pedals And Linkages Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 4,925 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.