- July 20: 2013 Ford Escape Stalling Problems Investigated investigations | 1 days ago
- July 18: Ford Recalls 550,000 Escapes and Fusions For Rollaway Dangers recalls | 3 days ago
- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 4 days ago
- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 16 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 17 days ago
NHTSA — Engine Problems
2013 Ford Escape (Page 9 of 21)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 4 / 29
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 5 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 39,668 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.