- May 14: Ford Transit Wheels and Tires May Fall Off: Recall recalls | 1 days ago
- May 13: Ford Explorer Hood Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 2 days ago
- May 12: Ford F-150 Warped Dashboard Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 3 days ago
- May 9: Ford Explorer Recall Includes 661,000 Vehicles recalls | 6 days ago
- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 18 days ago
Check Engine Light On
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The top problem trend for the 2014 Escape is transmission failure at around 70k miles.
This is relatively low mileage for an expensive transmission failure ($4,500 average to fix), but unless the trend becomes more established, we are only awarding the 2014 Escape our "Beware of the Clunker" badge for now.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 17,300 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace engine (1 reports)