- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 20 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 27 days ago
- March 12: Ford Tire Recall Affects F-150, F-250, F-350, Escape recalls | 34 days ago
- March 12: Ford Recalls 2.9 Million Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 34 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 46937
2015 Ford Escape
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT
- Some 2013-2016 Escape vehicles equipped with a 1.6L EcoBoost engine may require the replacement of the A/C suction line. When replacing the suction line, verify that all of the compressor to engine block fasteners are installed and torqued properly. The compressor requires three fasteners - 2 bolts (W701331-S442) and one stud/nut - installed securing it to the engine block and torqued to 25 Nm (18 lb.ft) per the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 412-00 under removal and installation. Improper number of compressor fasteners and/or incorrect torque may cause repeat failure of the A/C suction line connected to the compressor.
Click a tab for more information.