- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 16 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 23 days ago
- March 12: Ford Tire Recall Affects F-150, F-250, F-350, Escape recalls | 30 days ago
- March 12: Ford Recalls 2.9 Million Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 30 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 47430
2015 Ford Escape
Affected Component: TRAILER HITCHES
- If a trailer hitch receiver is installed on a 2013-2018 Escape or 2015-2019 MKC vehicle equipped with a hands-free liftgate, the hands-free liftgate function will become inoperative. Hands-free liftgate function can be restored by replacing the existing hands-free liftgate actuation upper sensor (14F680), lower sensor (14F680), stone deflector (17779), hands-free liftgate actuation module (14B291), plastic fasteners (N807951S) and screws (W506964) that are required for the factory installed trailer hitch receiver with hands-free liftgate option. Replacement of these parts to restore hands-free liftgate function is not warrantable. Regardless of trailer hitch configuration, the hands-free liftgate system cannot be added to a vehicle that was originally built without the hands-free liftgate option.
Click a tab for more information.