- July 24: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Over Burn Risk recalls | 10 days ago
- July 13: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 21 days ago
- July 1: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350 and F-550 Diesel Trucks recalls | 33 days ago
- July 1: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled recalls | 33 days ago
- June 11: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Recall Issued After Crashes recalls | 53 days ago
Blend Door Broken
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Explorer is hands-down our worst vehicle on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Another common problem for the 2002-2003 Explorer is wheel bearing failure at around 90k miles, with a typical repair bill of $500 to $1000 depending on how many wheel bearings failed.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 115,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 13 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- take apart dashboard and replace blend door actuator (10 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)
- remove glovebox, manually reach in and open blend door (1 reports)
- removed fresh air door (1 reports)
AC / heater problem