- July 23: Ford Class Action Lawsuit Continues For Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners news | 5 days ago
- July 19: Ford F-350 Super Duty Recall Issued For Axle Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- July 18: Nearly 775,000 Ford Explorers Recalled After 6 Injuries recalls | 10 days ago
- July 12: Ford Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Destination Charge news | 16 days ago
- July 5: Ford Power Tailgate Recall Failed, Alleges Class Action Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
2002 Ford Explorer
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Explorer is hands-down our worst vehicle on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Another common problem for the 2002-2003 Explorer is wheel bearing failure at around 90k miles, with a typical repair bill of $500 to $1000 depending on how many wheel bearings failed.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.