- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 8 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 21 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 29 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 29 days ago
Ford Recall : Ford/Liftgate Glass Bracket
2002 Ford Explorer
Rotation of the brackets could potentially cause the lift cylinders to detach from the glass or, in some cases, could potentially cause the liftgate glass to break. Either condition is most likely to occur when the glass is being closed.
Visibility — Glass, Side/Rear
- This is not a safety recall in accordance with the Safety Act. However, it is deemed a safety improvement campaign by the Agency. Vehicle description: 2002 Ford Explorer and Mercury montaineer sport utility vehicles. The brackets connecting the left cylinders to each side of the liftgate glass could rotate out of position if either the urethane bond or torque are not sufficient.
- Ford dealers will inspect the vehicles for the position of both the left and right liftgatge glass lift cylinder brackets. If the brackets are in the proper position, the bracket retainers will be tightened to a higher torque. In cases where the bracket is not properly position, the bracket must be re-aligned.
Click a tab for more information.