- December 3: Ford EcoBoost Problems Lead To Class Action Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- November 30: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Trucks With 7.3L Engines recalls | 5 days ago
- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 8 days ago
- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 16 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 20 days ago
Lumbar Support Exploded
CarComplaints.com Notes: The previous generation of Explorer was so awful that the redesign in 2006 was greeted with much optimism. That didn't last long.
The transmission continues to be the Explorer's worst reliability problem. Owners report shifting hard & lunging, typically starting as low as 40k miles with a $1,600 average repair bill. On top of that, the radiator is prone to failure around 60k miles. Repairs for the radiator run $500 to $1,000 & many owners report they've had to replace the radiator multiple times for leaks, indicating a possible design defect in the OEM replacement parts.
Ford did make some significant changes to improve handling and safety. Electronic stability control was added in addition to side impact air bags, but beyond that this is a vehicle that should be avoided at all costs.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 50,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem