2018 Ford F-150 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Ford F-150:

2018 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 7)

May 292021

F-150

Truck parked, rear sliding glass window shattered on it's own with no impact. No one near the vehicle. Thankfully we were not driving or have passengers when this occurred.

- Cookeville, TN, USA

May 252021

F-150

Approximately once every 20 times the truck engages the Auto StartStop feature, the vehicle turn off the engine and requires you to place the vehicle in Park and restart the vehicle. I picked up the vehicle from the Dealer after they had it for a week, and they were unable to reproduce the error. The Dealer did have error messages and worked with Ford technicians to clear the error(s), but in my 8th day since having my truck back, it has happened twice. While inconvenient, and I could push the button every time I-m in the truck to disable, this was a nice fuel efficiency perk. Also, it doesn-t happen while driving, only coming to a complete stop. The danger that I fear, is that someone behind me will become impatient/look at the green and drive into my truck. I do have a screenshot of the error.

- Hobart, IN, USA

Jun 012020

F-150

Vehicle was in the garage, parked. I got in started the vehicle, heard what sounded like wind chimes, got out, looked under the truck and saw glass. I then noticed the back window was shattered. There was never any impact to the window.

- Seabeck, WA, USA

Mar 112021

F-150

2018 F-150 panoramic sunroof tracks and motors broke and stuck open position. Was driving and with fumes from other cars entering my vehicle from open roof and inability to close, I was getting lightheaded and almost passed out from exhaust fumes sitting in traffic.

- Lake Pleasant, NY, USA

Jul 012020

F-150

Truck will stall while towing when coming to a stop at exit. Will not restart easily. Put truck in park, crank till starts, rev engine and shift into drive and keep rpms up to drive away. Will happen again after stopping for gas. While towing, I will fuel at the half tank level. It happens a lot on hot days. Usually after about 2 hours + of driving. No codes thrown at any time. Dealer can not find issue. This has happened for 2 years.

- Spring, TX, USA

Mar 092021

F-150

Both tracks on panoramic roof are cracked and plastic pieces found in track. Sunroof stuck in open position on the highway. Cannot close panoramic roof so highway debris is flying into vehicle. Have sand and road debris hitting passengers inside vehicle.

- Lake Pleasant, NY, USA

Feb 222021

F-150

Rear back glass randomly busted out on both sides of the sliding rear window while driving home from work on February 22nd, 2021.

- Grand Blanc, MI, USA

Feb 152012

F-150

Have problems with transmission and making clucking noise when move it from park to drive and at low speeds sometimes and also when it shifts it is very jerky and not smooth. And it jumps gear like 1 to 4 and 5 to 8.

- Campbellsport, WI, USA

Feb 152021

F-150

I turned on the rear defrost and about 2 minutes later the rear glasss shatted. The glass was not damaged in any way prior to the incident there were no scratches or defects.

- Killwen, TX, USA

Feb 102021

F-150

My vehicle has completely shut down (lost all power, lost power to the brakes, lost power steering, etc.) twice in the past 3 weeks when coming to a stop on a slight incline. I cannot replicate the circumstances that make this event happen. When it occurs, I need to place my vehicle into park and turn the key over. If this were to happen on a highway, or on a busy intersection. This issue is described in great detail here: Https://www.F150forum.com/F118/auto-startstop-error-437920/ under normal operating conditions, my vehicle will start and stop to save fuel (Ford's auto-start stop system). I believe this issue is related to the programming of the auto-start stop function. Losing all power on the highway, a busy intersection, etc. Is certainly a safety hazard for everyone.

- Leicester, MA, USA

Nov 022020

F-150

Dashboard of the truck has a warp where the front windshield defroster are located.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 272020

F-150

My Ford F150 began to have two distinct rattles at about 1 year old and 15,000 miles. One rattle happens when my foot comes off the gas and sounds like a flutter like something is loose. The other rattle happens at 1500 RPM and sounds like a metal on metal or a chain rattle. This happens on public paved streets. The Ford dealership verified my concern with both noises and worked with Ford with more than 10 attempted repairs. I have the list of attempted repairs that I can share but they include chain tensioners replacement, exhaust inspection, reprogram, phasers replacement, transmission replacement, and vct solenoids replacement. Neither the dealership nor Ford knows what is wrong but claims it is a "common characteristic" after over 35 total days of attempting to be repaired over several months. I am not the only F150 owner with this problem. Without knowing what is wrong with the truck, I do not know it is safe to drive. I contacted BBB who verified that I am not eligible for the lemon law and advised me to contact your organization to address my safety concern. I did not get anything in writing that says the truck is safe to drive and that worries me.

- Lovettsville, VA, USA

Jan 152021

F-150

(below freezing) door latch malfunctioned. Can open door, when closing, door would not latch shut, attempted to re-close door, will not latch. It is essentially frozen in the open position and does not allow the door to latch. Sometimes, you can click the lock button and the door would latch, however, on some occasions, the door would not even latch in the lock position. There was a recalls for this (around March of year 2020), which has been completed by a local Ford dealer. However, this same issue has re-surfaced (January 2021). The real concern is the safety of the passenger and that the doors will not latch properly. The second issue is the first recall was a one time deal, if this problem occurs again, the customer has to pay the repair cost. Ford should be liable for correction and paying for this issue.

- Fairfield Township, OH, USA

May 202020

F-150

The contact stated her son was driving a 2018 Ford F-150 that he borrowed from a friend. The contact stated while her son was driving at an unknown and rear ended another vehicle while it was making a left turn. The contact stated as a result both vehicle hit collided with a tree. The contact stated that the vehicle her son was driving caught fire as the fuel tank collided with the tree. As a result, the contact stated her son lost his life. The contact was providing all information from the police report filed. The vehicle was a total loss. The vehicle was towed to tow lot. The manufacturer had not been informed of the failure.the failure mileage was unknown.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Dec 072020

F-150

Driver's side door latch froze open and the door would not latch/stay closed. It was 27 degrees this morning. I had to hold the door closed. Eventually after driving the vehicle and closing the door several times, it finally latched. I previously had Ford's door latch recall performed to fix this issue, however, it seems this recall does not fix this problem. Many others have expressed continued freezing via various Ford forums after having the frozen door latch recall performed.

- North Easton, MA, USA

Nov 132020

F-150

Dash board is warped. Rear window defroster not working

- San Jose, CA, USA

Oct 242020

F-150

Without any impact the back glass was shattered. We just close the door after a wash in the washing station and suddenly exploded.

- Cypress, TX, USA

May 282020

F-150

My vehicle I purchased in 2019 second owner is now not running. I am unsure as to what is going on or why it stalled on me approximately 3 months ago. I filed a claim with my insurance company they closed it without assistance. I had it towed home. It will start up but it has a really loud clanging in the motor area. I don't know what's going on with it. My vehicle has not been neglected and it has been taken care of and I don't understand why it's not running to only be 2 years old. I was driving my vehicle to pick up my daughter from work in town. I noticed a very loud sound and I pulled over at a local circle K and it didn't start back up at that time. I am finding recalls, but not specific to my VIN.

- Trilby, FL, USA

Aug 012020

F-150

On several occasion I have started my 2018 Ford F-150 and the navigation screen does not come on, so when I put it in reverse I have no backup camera picture. And while not safety related all the other functions associated with the naviagation screen are not operable (e.g. no navigation, radio controls, etc.) after driving the vehicle and turning it off the next time I start the vehicle the navigation screen works.

- Liberty Hill, TX, USA

Sep 192020

F-150

My raptor had been parked in garage for several days, when I opened door to get out something. Upon closing the door the back window exploded outwardly. I studied this online over the weekend and found many complaints on it. Ford refuses to acknowledge a problem. It was between 65-70 when this happened. Most complaints said it happened while they was driving. Ford insists something hit them. All of them over the years?? mine was parked in garage with another car in perfect weather. We are grateful our small grandchildren wasn't close. The force can be seen in the pictures. Ford needs to be made to fix this issue. They refused our warranty when truck only has 22,000 miles.

- Kilgore, TX, USA