- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 10 days ago
- September 15: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Investigation Upgraded investigations | 11 days ago
- September 12: Ford PowerShift Dual-Clutch Transmission Settlement Questioned news | 14 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls F-150 and Mustang Over Deadly Airbags recalls | 26 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls Explorer, Taurus and Police Interceptors recalls | 26 days ago
2013 Ford F-450
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2013 Ford F-450
Official recalls have been issued for the 2013 Ford F-450 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Ford service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Ford customer service.
2013 Ford F-450 EQUIPMENT NHTSA Campaign #14V498000
Summary: PJ's Truck Bodies & Equipment Co., (PJ's) is recalling certain 2009-2013 Ford F-350, F-450, and F-550 Super Duty chassis modified by PJ's and equipped with certain Muncie Power Products PTO Assemblies. In the affected vehicles, oil may leak from the PTO pressure switch onto a thermal blanket covering the exhaust.
Consequence: The leaking oil may soak into the thermal blanket covering the exhaust, which when combined with heat from exhaust, may result in an increased risk of fire.
Actions: PJ's has notified owners and dealers will install a new pressure switch kit that moves the switch away from the exhaust system, free of charge. The recall began on August 28, 2014. Owners may contact PJ's customer service at 1-866-475-8782. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #14V498000 »