ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2010 Ford Fusion brakes problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Jun 052018

Fusion

While driving vehicle at highway speed, the vehicle lost electric steering control and two codes appeared on the dash - service advancetrac and power steering assist fault. The vehicle was travelling at 65ish while completing a sloping turn on the capital beltway, the vehicle pulled to the right and required extensive arm force to remain in control. The vehicle was safely moved to the shoulder of the road and towed to the dealer for service.

- Bryans Road, MD, USA

May 232018

Fusion

I inherited this vehicle a little over a year ago. The vehicle shuts off for no reason and the battery and wrench light come on. After much research I have found that this could be the etb assembly and that several people have complained about this. This is dangerous and I do not know why Ford has not recalled it yet rather than offering the customer satisfaction program. I have an appt to take it to a dealership on Saturday. This is a known issue and we shouldnt have to pay for any diagnostics. If something happens to me while driving I will sue.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Apr 302018

Fusion

April 30, 2018 after driving for 3 hours on the highway at appr. 75 to 80 mph the dash lights went haywire, flickering and then the service advancetrac warning came D. I was able to drive it to my exit and drive slowly. I could stop and go very slow. After a mile or 2 the batter light and all the lights came on and the brake light warning light came on. I could feel the car loosing power so I pulled over. At this time it was also chiming that the cross fault system was not available. After turning the car off, it would not start, the radio would play, lights would work and hazards would work.the steering was hard to turn the car was towed to a mechanic shop and I am awaiting a diagnosis. Earlier on April 16, I received a letter from Ford stating they would no longer host the vehicle health report system.

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

Apr 222018

Fusion

Power steering sensor came on. I turned off the stability assist button and drove home. After parking and attempting to drive the car again, the steering feels like it is resisting.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Nov 122017

Fusion

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion 111,000 miles, while driving 45 mph on a side road the power steering stopped working. Was able to pull over to the side away from traffic. Later the advance trac, and power assist lights came on the dash board. Called a mechanic that said I would be able to drive the car but without power steering. After running many test. The steering angle showed left even when U were turning to the right...

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Mar 052018

Fusion

Transmission slips, hard, going 1st to 2nd. Transmission oil is black at 55,000 and the service "advancetrac" keeps coming on.

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Jan 162018

Fusion

While driving my vehicle the service advancetrac warning light came on. My vehicle would not accelerate appropriately and then would not be in gear. I have taken it to the dealer and they replaced sensors etc. They have identified that the steering rack and pinion will need to be replaced. When I researched this I found that this is a common issue for this vehicle and that a recall had in fact been instituted for 2011 and newer models. This is a problem in vehicles from 2010 as well. There is no reason owners of 2010 models should have to pay the expense to fix this dangerous vehicle failure when new model owners do not. The part itself (for aftermarket) costs $1000.

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Feb 082018

Fusion

Power steering fault, electronic power steering failure. This has happened several times. Turn car on, steer failure. Turn off car, restart & it resets. Last night turned car on "power steering failure", would not reset, then got a stability failure. No power steering. Will not reset

- Troutdale, OR, USA

Feb 022018

Fusion

My car keeps switching to manual steering while I'm driving. There was a recall issued for the exact issue but not for my year or VIN. I almost got in an accident trying to turn on a main street

- Detroit, MI, USA

Nov 022017

Fusion

Advancetrac and power steering assist fault errors come up in the message center. Also lost power steering and I now have to manually steer vehicle.the vehicle was in the stationary position and came on when I started the car. The error message has not gone with shutting off and restarting the vehicle.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Nov 132017

Fusion

Takata recall - I went to dealership and was told that the "parts for replacement" are not yet available.

- San Angelo, TX, USA

Sep 222017

Fusion

I was driving home after picking up my 9yr old from school, when vehicle in front of me came to an abrupt stop, I had to swerve right to avoid hitting them and hit my brakes"at this point my vehicle shut off completely in the middle of traffic I had to restart it then drove about 10 miles when my car started chimming and the service power stearing now and advance track control warnings came on I had no control of my vehicle I could not turn the wheel at all it was locked I managed to pull to the side of the road with extreme effort I thought I was going to break something trying to turn the wheel just slitely to get to side of road car had to be towed it undrivable and completely unsafe my son could have been seriously injured.Ford has recalled these cars for the same issue in 2011 and beyond why if they have the same exact function and parts not recalling these 1500$ to fix that I don't have, ive taking great care of this vehicle but have had nothing but problems the same day this happened I received a factory recall for the purge canister and gas tank, the car when I bought it was burning up calipers wheels were coming loose break pads shearing off and rotor after rotor pad after pad and 3 calipers and a battery later because break fluid shot out of my reservoir onto my battery shorting it out conducting a straight feed from pos to neg.now this this is so dangerous if I was a less exsperianced driver this could have been tragic!!!is that really what it takes for this billion dollar company to be held accountable I mean we already payed for the vehicle least they can do is fix the problems they no have existed for along time before people die.

- East Providence, RI, USA

Sep 022017

Fusion

I was driving when I received a "service power steering" indicator on the dash. A minute or two later I also receive an "service advancetrac" indicator. The power steering was still working at that point and I parked the car and turned it off to check what was wrong. Once I turned the car back on I received a "service power steering now" indicator on the dash. At this point the power steering was no longer working. I could not drive the car as it was much too difficult to turn the steering wheel. I had the car towed and brought to a local Ford dealer. I had to leave it there and rent a car as I was visiting from out of town and had to return home. The Ford service dealer called and told me I had to replace the power steering system. $1600. Ouch

- Farmingville, NY, USA

Jul 122017

Fusion

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion with less than 80K miles on it. The power steering went out on this vehicle while my wife was driving with our 3 year old in the backseat. She was barely able to get it off the road, as well as return the vehicle home. This is extremely dangerous! the only warning light that turned on was the service power steering message and the service advancetrak message. I took the vehicle to my mechanic they were able to see trouble codes, and cleared them. The drove the vehicle about 15 miles and were not able to replicate the problem. We picked up the vehicle 7/11/17 and drove 15 miles home and left for the night. 7/12/15 the morning of, my wife proceeded to drive the vehicle 3 miles and sure enough same problem happened to her while driving. For the life of me I cannot understand this issue. Why is there a recall for the 2011 vehicles but not for 2010, which from my understanding is what sparked the entire recall period. Ford needs to remedy this issue, or provide a fix for the vehicle.

- Kaufman, TX, USA

Jun 232017

Fusion

I was reversing out of my driveway when all of a sudden I lost control of the power steering and almost hit the wall at the end of my driveway! the power steering assist failure came on and has not gone off. I have tried restarting my vehicle many times to no avail.

- Whitinsville, MA, USA

Dec 142016

Fusion 4-cyl

My 2010 Ford Fusion has come up with a "power steering assist fault" and "service advancetrac" messages on the dash board. This causes the steering in the vehicle to be stiff and very dificult to make a turn on the road. I managed to make it home driving at a reduced speed and by avoiding making turns when possible to prevent an accident.

- Lochbuie, CO, USA

Jan 012015

Fusion

Electric power steering went out while driving on state highways, making it almost impossible to drive, steer to a safe place just to prevent a head on collision.without any warning driving and out of nowhere electric power steering goes out while in a curve I can guarantee you the average driver will end up in a crash, possibly dead. I was only lucky no one was coming towards me. Cost was around 1,200$ at Ford dealership. I'm not sure the date of the incident, it was over a year ago.

- Pineville, LA, USA

Dec 182016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact, a mechanic, stated that there was a sudden loss of power steering, the warning lights flashed to service the eps, and the stability traction control and various warning indicators flashed. The contact had to coast the vehicle over to the side of the road and restart it, but the failure continued. The vehicle was diagnosed by a dealer who indicated that the rack and pinion needed to replaced. The contact inspected the vehicle and noticed a leak from the air conditioner drain on top of the steering gear. It was diagnosed that the steering wheel angle sensor in the steering column needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V340000 (steering). The contact indicated that the dealer's mechanical diagnosis was a sufficient solution to repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 89,000.

- Port Neches, TX, USA

Dec 202016

Fusion 4-cyl

My child was driving my Ford 2010 Fusion and it suddenly caught fire destroying the engine and surrounding components, everything inside the car was melted. Fire destroyed the front of the inside of the car. There were no check engine lights or other warning signs displayed on the car dashboard.

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA

Dec 132016

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving at posted speed, power steering assistance unexpected failed. Driver error notice "service power steering now" displayed immediately, followed soon by "service advancetrac." Just barely kept the vehicle on the road, avoiding a rather large ditch. Local mechanic diag revealed the following relevant diag codes: * C1277 (invalid or missing data for steering wheel angle sensor) * C1963 (stability control inhibit warning).

- Lansing, MI, USA