- January 7: GM Recalls GMC Sierra 1500 and Chevrolet Silverado 1500 recalls | 15 days ago
- January 2: GM 8-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Filed Over Shuddering news | 20 days ago
- December 20: GM Lifter Recall Needed, Says Class Action Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
- December 12: GM Class Action Lawsuit For Trailering Information Labels news | 41 days ago
- October 28: GMC Yukon Tail Light Replacement Lawsuit Allegedly Fails news | 86 days ago
GMC Preliminary Evaluation PE05065: BRAKE LAMP SWITCH FAILURE
2005 GMC Canyon
BRAKE LAMP SWITCH FAILURE
Exterior Lighting:Brake Lights:Switch
- By letter dated April 26, 2006, GM notified the Agency that it is conducting a safety recall (NHTSA recall no. 06V139) involving certain model year (MY) 2004-06 Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon and 2006 my Isuzu I280/I350 vehicles.GM's recall covers 404,733 vehicles.GM reports that loss of brake lamp illumination was caused by insufficient plating on the stationary contact in the brake lamp switch.GM will replace the brake lamp switch assembly on all involved vehicles with the new switch that has the increased plating on the stationary contact.based on GM's safety recall action, this investigation is closed.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.