- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 60 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 64 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 65 days ago
- June 19: GM Truck Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 66 days ago
- June 19: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Is 'Overreach,' Argues GM news | 66 days ago
GMC Recall 17387: Improper Air Bag Inflation
2015 GMC Canyon
An improperly inflated air bag increases the risk of injury in a crash.
Air Bags — Frontal
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2015-2016 GMC Canyon and Chevrolet Colorado, and 2016 Chevrolet Volt vehicles. The driver's frontal air bag may improperly inflate during second-stage deployment in the event of a high speed crash.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag module, free of charge. The recall began November 8, 2017. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 17387.
- Documents (10)
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172103640 Release Date: October 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 19, 2017 Subject: 17387 - Safety Recall Driver Airbag Abnormal Deployment
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 26, 2017 Subject: 17387 01 - Safety Recall Driver Airbag Abnormal Deployment Customer Letter Added
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172103640 Release Date: October 2017 Revision: 01
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 5, 2017 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall 17387 Driver Airbag Abnormal Deployment
- Recall Acknowledgement
Click a tab for more information.