- September 19: GM Piston Ring Lawsuit Fails Class Action Certification investigations | 0 days ago
- September 5: GM Seat Belt Pretensioner Recall Investigated investigations | 14 days ago
- August 13: GMC Acadia Shifter Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 37 days ago
- August 9: Buick, Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled recalls | 41 days ago
- July 14: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 67 days ago
GMC TSB #PIP5216
2015 GMC Canyon
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT:MECHANICAL
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician about vehicles that have a knock noise, seized engine, lower end squeak or squeal from the engine. Technician will inspect the oil control solenoids for metal debris. Also inspect for damage to the cam caps Journals and camshaft journals on the heads. The check the timing chain idler sprockets for stiffness when turning. If any of these instances would be a cause to replace the engine instead of repair.
Click a tab for more information.