- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- September 24: GMC Sierra Headlight Lawsuit Continues in California news | 22 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 31 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 33 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 34 days ago
GMC Recall 16370: Console Door May Not Fully Latch/FMVSS 201
2016 GMC Canyon
If the console compartment door does not remain closed in a crash, the contents stored in the console may strike the vehicle occupants, increasing their risk of injury.
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Chevrolet Colorado trucks manufactured August 25, 2015 to September 24, 2015, and GMC Canyon trucks manufactured August 28, 2015 to September 24, 2015. The affected vehicles have a console compartment lid latch assembly that may fail to keep the compartment door closed in the event of a crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 201, "Occupant Protection in Interior Impact."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the console compartment door latch assembly, free of charge. The recall began on January 5, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 16370.
- Documents (15)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS3858 Date: November 30, 2015 Subject: Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Noncompliance Recall 16370
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS3859 Date: December 1, 2015 Subject: Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Noncompliance Recall 16370 - Updated Inventory List
- Defect 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS3863 Date: December 2, 2015 Subject: 16370 - Noncompliance Recall – Release from Stop Delivery Upon Completion of Recall - Floor Console Armrest Latch
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Bulletin No.: 16370 Date: December 2015
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.